Yin yoga is a slow-paced style of Hatha yoga with postures that are held for longer periods of time. For beginners, it may range from one to two minutes. More advanced practitioners may stay in one asana for five minutes or more. Yin poses apply moderate stress to the connective tissues of the body – the tendons, fascia, and ligaments – with the aim of increasing circulation in the joints and improving flexibility. A more meditative approach to yoga, Yin aims at cultivating awareness of inner silence, and bringing to light a universal, interconnecting quality. Prepare for a magical yoga journey! Warm, gentle and satisfying.
Slow stretches designed to open up the body to go deeper
Our Yin classes are designed to provide the following benefits:
- Balance and calm the mind and body
- Reduce stress and anxiety
- Increase circulation
- Improve the body’s flexibility and range of motion
- Release fascia and improves joint mobility
- Balance the internal organs
- Improve the flow of prana, the universal energy which flows in currents in and around the body.